Hey coders! If you got an error, as I did, saying:
Sorry, there have been more than 5 failed login attempts for this account. It is temporarily blocked. Try again later or request a new password.
And you want to unblock it. Here are simple steps using PHPMyAdmin:
- Open PHPMyAdmin
- Go to your database
- Browse ‘flood’ table
- You will see records like:
- failed_login_attempt_ip 127.0.0.1 1340134171 1340137771
- failed_login_attempt_user 1-127.0.0.1 1340134171 1340155771
- failed_login_attempt_ip 127.0.0.1 1340134206 1340137806
- Select them all and delete them from table
Now try to login. It worked for me. If you are still stuck just pm me. I’ll tell a different walkthrough.